My favorite piece of art at home is an oil painting of my grandmother. She is tall and proud and elegant, and it perfectly captures her personality. It was commissioned when she was just a little younger than I am now and she passed it on to me when she moved into a retirement community. She still lives in the UK, but I can enjoy her presence in my home every day.
I want everyone to be able to have that connection to their loved ones. That's what drives me as a photographer, to create art that brings people closer to their loved ones, to create art that lasts.
Photography comes from my family too. My aunt (and close friend growing up) was an enthusiastic photographer, and I was given my first camera when I could still count my age on my fingers. That love of photography followed me through three other careers before I finally accepted this was what I wanted to be when I grew up.
My husband Paul and I live in beautiful Willoughby, Ohio with far too many cats.
Awards, Shows, & Recognition
Juried Art Shows
- "Photographers Only" Show - August 10th - September 4th 2018 at Stella's Art Gallery, Mentor, OH
- 1st place in People category
- 2nd place in Digital category
- "Life, Celebration of Earth" - April 13th 2018 at Stella's Art Gallery, Mentor, OH
International Photographic Competition, 2018
- Meritorious image the General Collection - "The Cell'
- Meritorious image in the General Collection - "Iris - Messenger of the Gods'
Photographers Only Show, August 2018
- 1st place in 'People' for 'A Stolen Moment'
- 2nd place in 'Digital' for 'Snow Leopard'
Photoblast '18 Art Show
- Awarded one of 3 honorable mentions
Professional Photographers of Ohio 2018 Image Competition
- J. Anthony Bill Award - awarded to the most outstanding portrait
- Judge's Choice Ribbon
- 2018 Top Ten Professional Photographer of Ohio